- 3.Click the button Enable Metadata Access
Retrieving Service Account Token
- 4.Click on your profile icon > Account Settings
- 5.Click Service Tokens. Then click New Token
- 6.Enter a token name, like Metaplane. Then click + Add and select the Job Admin permission set for All Projects. Lastly, click Save in the bottom right hand corner to create the service token.
- 7.Once you click Save, you will be provided a service token. This is what Sled will use to start monitoring your dbt projects.
Connecting Sled with DBT Core involves the following steps:
Step 1: Verify Data Objects Availability in Sled Data Catalog
Before connecting Sled with DBT Core, make sure that the data objects you want to work with are available in Sled's Data Catalog. If they are unavailable, follow these steps:
- 2.Sync Data Objects: Once the permissions are granted, sync the data objects from the Settings page in Sled. To do this, go to the Settings page by clicking on your username initials at the top right corner of the page, select "Integrations" from the right navigation, find your connected Snowflake account, and open the Schedule Background Tasks tab. Then, click the "Start Now" button next to the "Discover Tables" option.
- 3.Wait for Discovery: Once the background discovery task is completed, you should be able to find your data objects in Sled's Data Catalog.
Step 2: Deploy dbt Artifacts Package
To deploy the DBT artifacts package, follow these steps:
Step 3: Connect db Core to Sled
To connect DBT Core to Sled, follow these steps:
- 1.Access Settings: Go to the Settings page by clicking on your username initials at the top right corner of the page.
- 2.Select Integrations: From the right navigation, select "Integrations."
- 3.Add Integration: Click the "Add Integration" button, and select "DBT Core" from the list of available integrations.
- 4.Enter Details: Enter your details, such as your snowflake hostname, database, and schema name which contains your DBT models
- 5.Test Connection: Click the "Test Connection" button to ensure that the connection is successful.
💡 The sync process will occur automatically as defined in the settings, which can also be updated.
Step 4: Find Data Objects Tagged Under the dbt_core tag
Once the process is completed, you can find your data objects tagged under the dbt_core tag in Sled's Data Catalog.
💡 All the dbt tests and their status will be reflected on the data objects tagged under dbt_core in Sled's Data Catalog.